A Level- Music Promo Video

I am going to create a music video promoting a "new single" I will use this blog to show all my research and development.

Monday 2 May 2011

How did you use new media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages?

I created my film using a Digital Nikon Coolpix p80 digital camera, it has 10.1 mega pixels, ISO of 6400 and an 18X optical zoom. A MacBook laptop and the iMovie editing program and edited photos for my poster and digipack using Photoshop Elements 6.





My film was quite simple to make but without the editing software or the quality camera it would not have had the same standard as the clips of stop motion needed to be linked together smoothly, I filmed my stop motion by pausing the recording rather than piecing stills together I felt it came out alot more smoothly than my trial runs of still stop motion, However this did mean that alot of my clips had to have time adjustments to keep them in time with the music and vocals by either speeding up or slowing them down.


I used the turtle/hare selection bar to turn up or turn down the speed if the clip.

 Also the picture quality would not be as high as I used a good camera and I used imovie to adjust the picture, turning up exposure and contrast to make the writing bold and clear as this was an important element of the video, I also saturated the picture slightly and turned up color temperature for an edgy dated style.


Here you can see where I have moved the exposure and contrast up and saturation down.

Also the internet came in highly useful as I had to use the artists, producer and record label's websites in order to contact them for copyright permission. I also used Facebook to broadcast clips and photos for feedback and a song vote. I also broadcasted my final video to Youtube and linked it to Facebook in order to get some audience feedback. 
I didnt need to use alot of equipment or software for the making of my film as it was quite simplistic and easy to make, I am happy with the final outcome I think it was sucessful, there are a few moments in the film that are a little bit slow that I wouldve changed if i had more time but overall it came out well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment