A Level- Music Promo Video

I am going to create a music video promoting a "new single" I will use this blog to show all my research and development.

Friday 10 September 2010

Inspiration- "Beneath The Rose" BBC Film Network




I searched through the BBC Film Network to look at music videos and found instant inspiration from "Beneath the rose" The video shows a snail exploring a house, followed by lots of snails, it then goes on to show a man and woman I didn't quite understand the narrative so I read the film credits.
"Time slows down when you're that small. Or maybe it goes by faster. Another day at home. But something strange starts to happen. Something glides over the bed. Slimy things start to enter this domestic setting and to take over. Both beautiful and alarming. It is the dark side of everyday life and love. And it only gets worse."

I really liked the way that elements were sped up in editing for example shadows, trees blowing in the wind and rain on a window. It gave me ideas to use this editing technique to show how things change over time such as light, shadow, water and fire also to show decay.
I also like the way they have used colour, brightness and contrast in editing to make a vintage effect on the film along with the objects/props used in the film such as the pastel coloured chair, the bed white sheets look old fashioned with lace and the bathroom is very classic and all white again. Another technique I thought effective was the snail behind the glass of water, the way it magnifies as it goes by. The final thing to inspire me was the close up shots of a woman's face behind flowers, I liked the way they kept her hair and make up natural and used lighting and contrast to bring out her skin and eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment