A Level- Music Promo Video

I am going to create a music video promoting a "new single" I will use this blog to show all my research and development.

Friday 29 April 2011

Research- Posters

As part of the promotion to go along with the Main music video "Skinny Love" I am required to create a Poster design for artist Bon Iver. Below I have found some examples of promotional posters for Folk artists  I have looked at in earlier research.





I picked these examples from Bon Iver as the handdrawn style of them match the theme idea for my own work. I also picked an example from Noah and The Whale as it is also an image/drawing rather than a photograph. I think the simplistic style works nicely as it looks more creative and fits in with the conventions of Folk. 



These two examples from Laura Marling and Mumford and Sons are less like what I would like to use in my work as they are Photographs and also they are Gig posters, they hold more text on them. However I still think these posters are effective as they are promototing the artist and the way the photos have been edited they seem dated, particuarly Mumford and Sons photo, it has been filtered and saturated to give a vintage style. I also prefer the text used it it more like a book title font.

No comments:

Post a Comment