A Level- Music Promo Video

I am going to create a music video promoting a "new single" I will use this blog to show all my research and development.

Saturday 30 October 2010

Panic At The Disco- Pretty Odd Album Cover Art


Panic at the Disco are an Emo pop/punk band formed in Las Vegas however their second album Pretty Odd released in 2008 took on a much different style, more acoustic and mellow compared to their previous ambum. The title Pretty Odd is actually a good way to describe the album as it is quite unique in lyrics and sound.

The Album cover is very decorative it has a vintage style to it with its use of slightly saturated colours, I really like this effect in photo editing to have a high colour temperature but also saturate the colours very slightly to give an old look to it. I also really like the vintage floral design on the cover it is something that is being used alot in fashion and designs in the last year or so and has taken mostly to people who prefer an individual style such as myself. The font looks very "circus" which is an ongoing theme with the band I really like the way it is in the style of a banner. The way the border of the album cover is patterned with brown and gold it looks more like a strange old children's book or photo album than a CD cover, this is something I really like about the album art.

No comments:

Post a Comment