A Level- Music Promo Video

I am going to create a music video promoting a "new single" I will use this blog to show all my research and development.

Saturday 30 October 2010

Fleet Foxes Album Cover Art


Fleet Foxes are an Indie Folk band from Seattle USA, They came to prominence in 2008 after releasing this Self Tilted album, their music is praised for its refined lyrics and vocal harmonies. 

This album cover is quite strange at first it looks like a  pretty painting of a medieval village I like the way it appears to show every aspect of life. But when you look closely it is a scene of chaos, it is very weird, it shows people on fire, animals being slaughtered, people panicking. I like the way your first impression of the art is very wrong and far from the true image. I also like the hidden object puzzle quality of the painting, the more you look at it the more you see. The painting is by an artist called Bruegel. The colours are quite bland the few brighter colours that are used are made subtle because the painting itself is so busy. I like the font used it reminds me of the kind of type you see on old books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment